Brochure Type: Luxury Gold 2018
Discover the history, cultural highlights and scenic beauty of this tear-shaped island, including visits to the local markets and the archeological marvel of Polonnaruwa. Stay in luxury in the misty hills of Nuwara Eliya, savour the freshest tea possible during a plantation visit and take in the wondrous mountain ranges from the Mahaweli Reach Hotel. See how you travel like a VIP with Luxury Gold
- Negombo: Join your Travelling Concierge and get to know your fellow travellers during your Welcome Dinner.
- Nuwara Eliya: In the evening walk through the tea plantations and reach the home of a tea plucker to experience the lifestyle. The culinary experience is completely different to that of general Sri Lankan cuisine as the origin is from south of India. Visit a local school and a Hindu temple in the village. Dine with the locals as you experience village life as it is today.
- Colombo: Your mouth-watering Celebration Dinner features the best of Sri Lankan cuisine.
- Dining Summary: 8 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 4 Dinners (D) and 3 Dinner with Wine (DW). 22 Dec includes an additional Christmas Eve Highlight Dinner in Harbarana.
- Dambulla: Visit the local market and meet the local stall holders.
- Kandy: Visit the Sacred Tooth Relic Temple and in the evening, witness a traditional dance performance.
- Nuwara Eliya: Walk through the tea plantations and reach the home of a tea plucker to experience the lifestyle. The culinary experience is completely different to that of general Sri Lankan cuisine as the origin is from south of India. Visit a local school and a Hindu temple in the village. Dine with the locals as you experience village life as it is today.
- Negombo: Relax after your flight, at the fantastic beach-side Jetwing Beach. With spacious guest rooms and wonderful facilities, including a large outdoor pool and spa. This is a great place to start your holiday.
- Habarana: Offering bungalow-style rooms surrounded by greenery, Habarana Village is a perfect location to explore the Cultural Triangle. The hotel features an outdoor pool and facilities for tennis, volleyball and badminton.
- Kandy: Situated along the banks of Mahaweli River, Mahaweli Reach Hotel offers 5-star accommodation with rolling mountains as a backdrop. It features a large outdoor pool, Ayurvedic centre and fitness facilities.
- Colombo: Lakeside Colombo sits in the heart of Colombo, nestled between a lake and the bustling city, creating the perfect, urban getaway.
- Kandy: Enjoy a wonderful evening in Rahju's company at his wonderful hilltop cottage overlooking the Hunas range and receive insider access to his private studio. Discuss art, mysticism, religion, and the cosmos with him over a cup of tea and let him show you how his work has been influenced by these themes and how it has evolved over the years. Enjoy a private viewing of Rahju's magnificent paintings. Enjoy a cup of tea at his studio and discuss his unique perspectives on life.
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Relax in comfort on Luxury Gold's air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom, onboard restroom and and complimentary bottled water for you to enjoy while travelling.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travelling Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Included complimentary, private transfers are available on start and end dates, and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold.
Call (773) 509-1300 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14016661
- Tour Operator
- Luxury Gold by Insight
- Offer valid through 9/30/2018
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Negombo||Negombo, Sun, Sails and Sea.: Your Escorted Journey begins on Day1. Please make sure your flights arrive on or before this day. (Ask about our great deals). On arrival at Colombo airport, you will be greeted and transferred to your hotel in Negombo. Take the afternoon to relax in this thriving fishing town. At 19:00, join your Travelling Concierge for a Welcome Dinner. (Dinner with Wine)|
Jetwing Beach, Negombo.
|Day 2||Habarana||Habarana and the Cultural Triangle.: Visit a Pineapple Plantation where you are taken on a guided tour of the estate. Continue to Habarana, in the centre of Sri Lanka's Cultural Triangle of UNESCO World Heritage Sites, an excellent base to explore the region. Visit the evocative Anuradhapura, Sri Lanka's first known kingdom and the former capital of the island. See the rich architectural wonders of dagobas, brick towers, pools and crumbling towers, built during the city's thousand years of rule over the country. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner)|
|Day 3||Habarana||Rock fortresses and archaeological relics.: In the morning, travel to Sigiriya to visit the dramatic rocky outcrop of the famous rock fortress. This iconic ruin of an ancient civilisation rests on top of near vertical walls of a flat-topped summit and it is truly grandiose. Continue to Polonnaruwa, an archaeological marvel that reveals what life was like around 800 years ago when the city was the thriving epicentre of commercial and religious life. In the archaeological park, you'll see hundreds of ancient structures, tombs, temples, statues and stupas, its a sight to behold. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner)|
|Day 4||Kandy||Cave Temples of Dambulla and on to Kandy.: Journey to Dambulla to see the most impressive of Sri Lanka's Cave Temples, Raja Maha Vihara. Known for spectacular interiors filled with Buddha and Hindu statues, the site's history dates to 1 B.C. Continue to Dalada Maligawa, the Sacred Tooth Relic, to see this most sacred site to the Sri Lankan Buddhists. Here, enjoy a performance of traditional dance to the melodic drum. In the evening, dine at a local restaurant. At a wonderful hilltop cottage overlooking the Hunas Mountain Ranges, receive insider access to artist Rahju's private studio. Discuss art, mysticism, religion, and the cosmos with the artist himself over a cup of tea and see how his work has been influenced by these themes, and has evolved since, during a private viewing of his magnificent paintings. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner)|
Mahaweli Reach Hotel, Kandy.
|Day 5||Nuwara Eliya||Tea Plantations in Little England.: Your journey continues to Nuwara Eliya, where the rolling hills and cooler temperatures became a haven for English and Scottish pioneers of the tea industry. During your visit of a tea plantation, your Local Expert will show you how tea is produced today. At the tea garden, try your hand at the traditional technique of tea leaf picking, and sample some of the freshest tea possible. In the evening, join your Travelling Concierge for an orientation of this quaint city, with 19th century architecture mimicking that of an English country town. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner)|
Grand Hotel, Nuwara Eliya.
|Day 6||Nuwara Eliya||Nuwara Eilya at Leisure.: Walk through the tea plantations and reach the home of a tea plucker. Share a local meal with their family and learn about life in the tea plantations. (Buffet Breakfast / Lunch)|
Grand Hotel, Nuwara Eliya.
|Day 7||Galle||The Fortified City of Galle.: Journey along Sri Lanka's rugged south coast to the fortified Old Town of Galle, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. During your orientation, see the ramparts of the Galle Fort, considered one of the best examples of a living fortified city built by Europeans in south and south-east Asia. The rest of the afternoon is at your leisure to relax or continue exploring as you wish. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner)|
Jetwing Lighthouse, Galle.
|Day 8||Galle||Galle Fort.: Join your Local Expert, a proud and passionate Sri Lankan, who will provide a deeper insight to Galle Fort and share the stories that make it 'a home for thousands.' In the evening, at a local restaurant, join your newfound friends and toast your travels during your Celebration Dinner. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Jetwing Lighthouse, Galle.
|Day 9||Colombo||Galle - Colombo.: Your trip draws to a close after breakfast with a transfer to Colombo airport for your onward flight, or the Lakeside Colombo hotel for those continuing their stay. (Buffet Breakfast)|
- Notes: Discover the history, cultural highlights and scenic beauty of this tear-shaped island, including visits to the local markets and the archeological marvel of Polonnaruwa. Stay in luxury in the misty hills of Nuwara Eliya, savour the freshest tea possible during a plantation visit and take in the wondrous mountain ranges from the Mahaweli Reach Hotel.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class