Brochure Type: Luxury Gold 2018
A master of modernity and steward of tradition, Japan delights and surprises with neon-lit highstreets, ancient temples and boundless natural beauty. Meet knowledgeable locals, see iconic sites, taste exotic flavours and wonder at Mother Nature, as you journey via bullet train from cutting-edge cities to unexplored wildernesses in luxurious comfort. See how you travel like a VIP with Luxury Gold
- Tokyo: Savour Tokyo's finest cuisine, including fresh sashimi, seasonal grilled fish and delicious deep-fried tofu during your Celebration Dinner at the famous Tokyo Shiba Tofuya Ukai. Surrounded by a Zen garden, this elegant restaurant is an oasis in the heart of Tokyo and transports you to an era of Japanese grandeur.
- Tokyo: Participate in a private sushi-making class in Tokyo and discover why it takes ten years to perfect this 2000-year-old Japanese art before sitting down to a freshly prepared Highlight Lunch.
- Dining Summary: 10 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 5 Lunches (L) and 5 Dinners with Wine (DW)
- Osaka: Discover why Osaka is known as the kitchen of Japan during your food-tasting exploration with a knowledgeable local foodie. Taste local specialities such as rounds of ground octopus wrapped in batter, called Takoyaki, and savory pancakes, named Okonomiyaki.
- Hirosaki Castle: Learn about the meticulous care and nurturing of Cherry Blossom trees from a Cherry Blossom Doctor who ensures all Cherry Blossoms, from saplings to mature trees are healthy and thriving during the beautiful Cherry Blossom season.
- Kyoto: Discover this hub of ancient tradition and culture. Marvel at the Zen Buddhist temple of Kinkaku-ji, and embark on a walking exploration of the vibrant Gion neighbourhood, known as Kyoto's Geisha district.
- Hiroshima: Be part of a truly poignant travel experience, as you meet a survivor of the 1945 Hiroshima atomic bomb, which destroyed most of the city during World War II and changed world history forever.
- Aoba Castle: Witness a performance by a samurai warrior in front of the castle. Then you are privileged to an exclusive meeting with the samurai who also happens to be a member of one of Sendai's most influential families.
- Tsugaru han Neputa Village: See the colourful decorations for the summer Neputa Festival and witness an exclusive, private musical performance of Tsugaru Shamisen and Taiko, traditional Japanese guitar and drumming.
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Relax in comfort on Luxury Gold's air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom, onboard restroom and and complimentary bottled water for you to enjoy while travelling.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travelling Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Included complimentary, private transfers are available on start and end dates, and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold.
Call (773) 509-1300 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14016673
- Tour Operator
- Luxury Gold by Insight
- Offer valid through 9/30/2018
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Osaka||Welcome to Osaka, Japan!: Your Escorted Journey begins on Day1. Please make sure your flights arrive on or before this day. (Ask about our great deals). On arrival at Kansai or Itami airport, you will be welcomed and taken to your five-star hotel situated in the heart of the city, where there is time to relax. At 20:00 meet your Travelling Concierge and travel companions at the hotel's Rainbow Lounge for your Welcome Dinner. Enjoy stunning views over Osaka while you enjoy delicious Japanese cuisine including tempura and sushi.|
Imperial Hotel Osaka.
|Day 2||Osaka||Highlights of Osaka.: Situated in the heart of Japan where rivers and sea routes converge, Osaka is a hub of cutting-edge architecture, exotic flavours and laid-back locals. Take in the city's many highlights from aboard the chic Osaka Aqualiner. See the national library and 16th Century Osaka Castle, while you cruise on the Yodo River in luxurious comfort. Discover why Osaka is known as the kitchen of Japan as you embark on a food-tasting exploration along Dotonbori Street with a passionate local foodie. Try local specialities such as Takoyaki, rounds of ground octopus wrapped in batter, and Okonomiyaki, savory pancakes. With the evening at leisure, ask your Travelling Concierge for local recommendations to further explore this exotic city. (Buffet Breakfast)|
Imperial Hotel Osaka.
|Day 3||Osaka||The Temples and Geisha of Kyoto.: Journey to Kyoto, Japan's Geisha capital, and discover why this is the hub of ancient tradition and culture. Marvel at the Zen Buddhist temple of Kinkaku-ji, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and see its famed Golden Pavilion to appreciate its classic architecture, intricate history and expansive gardens. Visit the famous Giouji Temple, situated on a majestic grove of bamboos and maple trees, where you'll learn about local folklore and explore the temple's thatched hut and indigenous gardens. Savour a Highlight Lunch of traditional Kyo-Kaiseki cuisine made of seasonal ingredients, whilst you enjoy a performance by a Maiko, an apprentice Geisha. Central to Kyoto culture, Geisha are highly-skilled entertainers, specializing in classical music, dance, conversation and games. This fine art has evolved over many centuries and today attracts visitors from around the world. Embark on a walking exploration of the vibrant Gion neighbourhood, known as Kyoto's primary Geisha district. With free time to explore, perhaps enjoy the local teahouses, lantern-lit restaurants and bars or simply absorb the electric atmosphere, as you shop for souvenirs. Return to your hotel and spend the evening at leisure. Perhaps ask your Travelling Concierge to make reservations for you at one of Osaka's many lovely restaurants? (Buffet Breakfast / Lunch)|
Imperial Hotel Osaka.
|Day 4||Osaka||Local Perspective on Hiroshima.: Experience Japanese technology at its best as you journey to Hiroshima station on the Shinkansen bullet train. On arrival, catch a ferry to Miyajima Island to visit the Itsukushima Shrine and see the elaborate O-torii gate rising majestically out of the sea. Take a moment to stroll around this peaceful island, before returning to Hiroshima on the ferry. Explore the UNESCO World heritage Site of Peace Memorial Park and Museum, the only structure left standing after the first atomic bomb was dropped during World War II. The bomb was the single-most destructive force ever created by humankind and changed the course of history forever. During your visit, meet a survivor who will share insights into this dark chapter of world history. You may wish to finish your visit with a special prayer for peace. For dinner you are treated to traditional savoury pancakes, known as Okonomiyaki, a typical dish of the region. Return to your hotel by bullet train. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Imperial Hotel Osaka.
|Day 5||Tokyo||From Osaka to Tokyo: Board the bullet train and journey to the iconic capital city Tokyo, where cutting-edge modernity meets ancient tradition. The city is an economic powerhouse and home to national museums, festivals, theatres and sacred temples. Visit the Sensoji Buddhist Temple, the oldest and most-visited temple of Japan, and wander along the famous Nakamise Street and explore Kappabashi, a local back-street known as Tokyo's foodie hub. In the evening, you're in for a true local experience with the choice of two hand-picked restaurants, each specialising in local delicacies. You may try either Shabu-shabu which are hotpots of meat and vegetables or Teppan-yaki where rice, meats and vegetables are freshly cooked on a grill. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Imperial Hotel Tokyo.
|Day 6||Tokyo||Mount Fuji.: Mount Fuji is Japan's tallest mountain standing at 3,776 metres above sea level. Admire spectacular views from the observatory at the 5th Station, before venturing down to Lake Kawaguchi where you will be captivated by the flawless reflections of the mountain. Continue to enjoy spectacular views of this UNESCO World Heritage Site as you enjoy lunch made of fresh, seasonal ingredients at a local restaurant. In the afternoon, explore the lake-side village and visit the Icchiku Kubota Art Museum with its unique works of art, traditional architecture and seasonal gardens. Return to your hotel where you are at leisure to relax or explore as you wish. (Buffet Breakfast / Lunch)|
Imperial Hotel Tokyo.
|Day 7||Sendai||Journey to Sendai in northern Japan.: Journey north by bullet train, your destination is the Sendai, known as the City of Trees. This is a true locals region, off-the-beaten path and away from the tourist crowds. Dine as the locals do with a seasonal lunch at a local restaurant. Enjoy a private cruise along the dazzling Matsushima Bay, taking in views of countless pine-covered islands. The bay has often featured in Japanese poetry since ancient times. Disembark to explore Aoba Castle before witnessing a highlight performance by a Sendai samurai warrior. You are then privileged to an exclusive meeting with the samurai to learn how this specialised martial art has been passed on through many generations. Continue to your five-star hotel where the evening is at your leisure. Perhaps sign up for a massage at the in-house spa or explore the nightlife of Kokubuncho? (Buffet Breakfast / Lunch)|
The Westin Sendai (Superior Rooms).
|Day 8||Oirase Gorge||Hachinohe and Hirosaki Castle.: Journey to Hachinohe via bullet train. On arrival, absorb the unique atmosphere of Hashoku Centre Market. Visit Hirosaki Castle, famous for its bright Cherry Blossom trees that bloom between April and May. Meet a Cherry Blossom Doctor who will explain how his team nurture these beautiful trees from sapling to maturity and ensure all the Cherry Blossoms of the region are strong, healthy and able to thrive during the Cherry Blossom season. As you explore the Tsugaru han Neputa Village you will see the colourful decorations used during the summer Neputa Festival and watch skilled craftsman at work, they spend month lacquering to create the perfect chopsticks. You then enjoy a special, VIP Experience, a private musical performance of Tsugaru Shamisen and Taiko, traditional Japanese guitar and drumming. Your journey continues to Oirase Gorge, one of Japan's most-revered nature havens. After checking-in to your luxurious hotel, perhaps experience a soul-soothing Onsen, a traditional Japanese hot bath, in the nearby forest? (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Hoshino Resorts Oirase Keiryu Hotel, Oirase Gorge.
|Day 9||Tokyo||Exploring Oirase Gorge.: The spectacular Oirase Gorge is a place of special scenic beauty. Wander along the crystal-clear Oirase Keiryu stream, admire the cascading waterfalls and marvel at the seasonal colours of the indigenous forest. Journey to a local brewery in the Tohoku region to taste Japan's national drink, sake, then enjoy lunch at a local restaurant. Return to Tokyo via bullet train, where you are leisure to relax or continue your own exploration of this intriguing city. (Buffet Breakfast / Lunch)|
Imperial Hotel Tokyo.
|Day 10||Tokyo||The Highlights of Tokyo.: Seasonal tea ceremonies date back a thousand years and play an important part in Japanese culture, they are central to good hospitality. Experience this for yourself when you visit a traditional teahouse where you learn how to prepare the perfect cup of Matcha Green Tea. Try your hand at making sushi with the highest-quality fish and discover why it takes ten years to become a Master Sushi Chef, before sitting down to a delightful Highlight Lunch. Spend your free time exploring Ginza, one of the world's most luxurious shopping districts and known as the Champs-Elysees of Tokyo. In the evening, get ready for a dazzling Celebration Dinner as you venture to the heart of the city. Tokyo Shiba Tofuya Ukai is a famous restaurant with old-world charm and surrounded by a Zen garden. It specialises in tofu cuisine, but you will savour a range of intricately-prepared dishes including simmered eggplant and fried shrimp, fresh sashimi and deep-fried tofu coated with miso, all accompanied with beer or wine. (Buffet Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)|
Imperial Hotel Tokyo.
|Day 11||Farewell Japan||Farewell Japan.: Bid farewell to your travel companions and head to Narita or Haneda International Airport for your onward journey. (Buffet Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. Special Small Groups: All departures are limited to just 24 guests.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class